The State Government of West Bengal has announced the Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme while presenting the financial budget of West Bengal for the year 2024-2025. The government of West Bengal is committed to the upliftment of artisans, fishermen, weavers, etc. The scheme is just another forward step towards the commitment. This scheme is launched by the Finance Minister of West Bengal Chandrima Bhattacharya on 8th February 2024. In this article, we will provide you with information about the Artisan Financial Scheme like, benefits of the scheme, objective, application process etc. So read this article till the end for detailed information.
West Bengal Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme 2024
Artisan Financial Benefits scheme is announced by the West Bengal Government with the objective of the upliftment of Artisan of West Bengal. Under this scheme, a time financial grant of Rs. 15,000 is provided to the individual artisans. The artisans can use this granted amount for buying tools or they can also use this amount for renovation of their workplace.
Please note that the group of artisans of an industrial cooperative society are eligible for a financial grant of up to Rs 10 Lakh. It means the maximum financial assistance of Rs. 10 lakh is provided for the large group of artisans. With this sanctioned financial assistance artisans of West Bengal are now able to earn more money. Around 2 lakh artisans of West Bengal will get covered under this scheme.
Key Highlights of WB Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme
|Name of Scheme
|West Bengal Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme
|Government of West Bengal
|Finance Minister of West Bengal
|To Provide Financial Benefits
|Artisan of West Bengal
|To be Launch Soon
Financial Assistance of Rs. 2 Lakh in Case of Artisan Death
Under the West Bengal Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme, a financial aid of Rs. 2 lakh will be provided to the dependent family member of the artisans in case of death of the registered artisan. This one time financial aid of Rs. 2 lakh will help the dependent of the registered artisan. The total sum of Rs. 60 crore is allotted for the implementation of this scheme.
Features and Benefits of West Bengal Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme
The scheme is announced with the aim of upliftment of the artisans of West Bengal. Here we are sharing the features and benefits of artisan financial benefit scheme
- 2 Lakh artisans of West Bengal will get covered under this scheme
- Individual artisan will get the financial grant of Rs. 15000
- The group of artisans of an industrial cooperative society are eligible to get financial assistance of upto Rs. 2 lakh
- The artisan can use the granted amount for buying their tools, toolkit and they can also use this amount for the building/renovation of their work place.
- The dependent of the registered artisan will get one time financial aid of Rs. 2 lakh in case of the death of artisan.
- Artisans of age group 18 years to 60 years are eligible for this scheme.
- The sum of Rs. 60 crore is allocated for the implementation of the scheme.
Important Documents Required
- Adhar Card
- Ration Card
- Address Proof
- Electricity Bill
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Passport Size Photographs
- Mobile Number
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- The person who is applying must belong to age group of 18 years to 60 years
- Applicant must be an artisan of West Bengal
Application Process of West Bengal Artisan Financial Benefit Scheme
We would like to tell you that the application procedure for the artisan financial benefits scheme has not released by the West Bengal Government. So if you want to apply for the Artisan Benefits scheme, then we advise you to wait until the application process is released officially. You can also check the official website of the West Bengal State Portal for any updates or notifications on the Artisan Scheme. We will update our page as soon as we get the official notification.